Wednesday 3 October 2012

Be prepared, and careful not to do your good deeds when there's no one watching...

There's only 9 days left until we finally move in and the anticipation is taxing. We haven't even sold our condo yet, it was bad timing in August supposedly so until we sell, we are carrying 2 houses. D is so stressed her stress is palpable, I tend to lean more on the side of things will work itself out. Plus we have tons of positive karma in the bank. The place looks great and we only just listed 5 days ago. Either way, once its gone it will be a huge relief obviously.

So in preparation for the big move I've got the design for the chicken coop all set.
Coop
Chicken Coop for a King
Doesn't even matter that I wont be getting any chickens until spring time. I try to think ahead and give myself time to adapt any given project if needed. Also, knowing the design gives me time to gather things on the cheap from stores, garage sales, friends and neighbours. I probably won't even build the thing til march, but once I'm ready, we are good to go. It will be a winterised and 'ingenious' modification of this one here: Cooptopia Version 1.0

Veggie Garden Planner for iPad
Another project I've have worked on is within an Apple app. Used with the iPad, it lays out a garden for you up to 5 acres. The details on the app are incredible. From every kind of fruit and vegetable you can think of, and all their planting/harvesting details. To succession planting, and warning you about duplicate planting issues, ie not planting tomatoes in the same spot as peppers the previous year. Easy to use and handy tutorials. Gardening App for iPad  It's the kind of thing you can lose yourself in for a few hours but I'm hoping once it's set up, it will be a irreplaceable tool. No more pen and paper graphs. I should mention it's 20$, but I feel worth it, and I think it goes on sale once in a while.

However, the top priority and first project to work on once we move is an in-law suite for D's mother. I'll make sure it's soundproof and a complete separate entrance. I'll keep you up to date on the progress because I know you're interested. Nothing over the top, new entry door, separation door, install new floors, electric fireplace and a kitchen. Perhaps a small deck and sliding glass doors off a guest bedroom. All this is second nature to me having worked in construction for 15 years. If you are a fan of HGtv you can see me as a lead contractor 1st season on the show Design Inc. But that will be our little secret...

Life Lesson #198: Everyone's got a story that could break your heart. Be patient and don't judge too quickly... 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment